Friday, December 7, 2012

Candy Cane Coffee Cake


I wanted to make Jessica's beautiful Candy Cane Coffee Cake as a special St. Nicholas Day treat this year but also had some crescent rolls left over from Thanksgiving to use up. So I decided to combine the shaping of that treat with the recipe for her Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake.


I opted for strawberry pie filling since I'm the only one here who likes cherry and only ended up using half a can. I made the cream cheese filling just like the recipe called for but didn't use all of it on the candy cane. I used two rolls of crescent rolls. The first one and a half I used to make the shape of the candy cane and then the other half, I used for the stripes. You can see the stripes better in this pre-cooked photo. It was delicious!!!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. It turned out great, Charlotte! We will have to try making it with Strawberry sometime. Thanks for posting your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the same dessert. It looked awful. It was delicious and was immediately devoured by our teenaged sons. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete